With over 13 years of professional experience, I was extremely fortunate to have had the opportunity to work on exciting projects with very talented people.
I'm very proud of all that I have accomplished so far. It brings me
joy to know that I have had a real impact, not only on the end result
but also on the people I have collaborated with and end-users. Whether
developing small or large projects, improving the experience of my
colleagues and end-users, or solving complex problems, I always strive
to give my best and have fun doing it.
In addition to my professional work, I constantly challenge myself with personal projects to continue learning and growing my skills.
I can't wait to see what comes next!
Full Stack Developer (Senior)
04/2022 - Current
- Contributed to Unleash, an open-source feature flag management solution with over 18M docker pulls, 7K stars on GitHub and a worldwide user base consisting of every kind of end-user, from individual developers to large enterprise companies.
- Integrated with Stripe for billing, involving multiple projects and third party integrations, enabling end-users to sign up and manage their paid plans through their Unleash instance.
- Developed several key features for the product, including Service Accounts, Login History, Groups, Personal Access Tokens (PATs), Environment Cloning, Tag Filtering, Network Visualization, and Search Filtering.
- Contributed to Unleash Edge, a highly-performant successor to Unleash Proxy written in Rust that allows for a more flexible, performant, resilient and scalable architecture.
- Created, developed and maintained multiple SDKs for the product, including Vue.js, Svelte, Solid, and React Native.
- Contributed with ideas and suggestions to the product roadmap, helping to shape the future of the product.
- Collaborated closely with the UI/UX team to identify and implement numerous improvements and fixes that significantly enhanced the end-user experience.
- Contributed to documentation, including the official docs and READMEs.
- Refactored and improved the codebase, improving maintainability and overall DX.
- Trained as Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) and performed on-call shifts to ensure platform availability and end-user satisfaction.
- Consistently provided valuable feedback and code reviews to fellow developers, improving code quality and maintaining high standards for the codebase.
- Shared knowledge and learned with teammates through pair and mob programming.
Full Stack Developer (Specialist)
06/2021 - 03/2022
- Assigned to Digital Innovations, worked close to partners as a developer in exploratory projects using innovative cloud solutions.
- Developed a chatbot based on Google Cloud/Firebase, UI built with Quasar Framework (Vue.js) and a Google Cloud Function that acted as a bridge between the UI, Dialogflow CX (conversation flow, NLP), Contentful;
- Contributed to a React Native app project by developing features and fixes for the app, used by hundreds of thousands of end-users.
- Developed a mock package used internally for testing and debugging purposes, using Node.js, Express, Apollo GraphQL, MQTT.
- Followed best-practices and guidelines, including writing Unit and E2E tests.
- Worked on a dynamic multicultural team that follows an Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Shared knowledge and learned with teammates through pair programming.
IQA - Sistemas de Gestão, Lda
Full Stack Developer (Lead, Architect)
03/2011 - 05/2021
- Developed AGIR ®, a Quality Management Software (QMS), Process Management (BPM) and Document control software. Worked on the platform since 2011: From ASP.NET, SQL Server, Web API, .NET WinForms or Java to Windows Services and Office Add-Ins, (...).
- Worked close to the project manager and customers to ensure that every product meets requirements in a versatile, modern and performant way.
- Helped customers on every step - Configuration, deployment, troubleshooting, etc.
- Developed and provided APIs, tools and other custom mechanisms in order to adapt and integrate with existing solutions, databases and products.
- One of those tools/integrations included creating an extremely optimised data matrix code scanner from TIFF files in Python, using tools like numpy, CV2, Wand, and more.
- Developed a solid foundation for the company's next project, Wisibi, using Quasar Framework (Vue.js) and .NET Core Web API, following all the best practices.
- Managed the team's Trello, GitHub, Jenkins and other services.
- Shared knowledge with teammates through training.
Over the years, I have been approached with a variety of unique challenges and ideas, as well as coming up with my own. Through these experiences, I have had the opportunity to work on some truly interesting projects, even with limited resources such as time. These experiences have helped shape me into the versatile and creative developer I am today.
Created a custom workflow engine that allowed end-users with the right permissions to create custom workflows, with several steps, approvals, permissions, routes, and more.
Form Designer (Absolute Position)
Created a custom form designer, that works with the custom Workflow Engine, that allowed end-users with the right permissions to create web forms, containing tabs and absolute positioned UI elements, by dragging and dropping. Some of the elements were somewhat advanced, like tables, and would contain custom properties that could be configured.
Form Designer (Responsive Layout)
Created a custom form designer that would replace the previous one, as a more modern and responsive option. Users could still drag, drop and resize elements, but the layout would be responsive, following the typical "12 column" grid layout.
As an extension to the previous idea, we also wanted to run custom logic from a server / scheduled, cron-like, perspective. This used PhantomJS and Chrome headless along with a Windows Service to trigger our code based on configurable triggers.
Code / Logic Wizard
Created a code / logic wizard, where end-users with no programming knowledge could easily configure their own logic. This included creating a very specific parser and code generator, and also included functions, conditions, and parameters.
PDF Text Extractor (OCR alternative)
Created a PDF text extractor, where PDFs were converted to HTML in a specific way that allowed end-users to configure zones from where to grab text information. This could then be easily integrated with the previous projects, and proved a much faster and accessible alternative to OCR.
Legacy Custom File Format PDF Extraction
Created a PDF extractor from a custom file format of a legacy app that was no longer maintained. It aggregated several files, including PDFs, which were required for our use-case. Had to evaluate bytes looking for file signatures without documentation as a guide, using the so-called "magic numbers" to identify when PDFs started and ended.
Data Matrix Code Scanner (Python Script)
Created a data matrix code scanner script in Python. The codes were scanned from a very large volume of TIFF files, so it had to be extremely optimized. Besides managing the local files, it involved counting the percentage of yellow on the image (based on a configurable RGB range), so that a correct amount of codes to be scanned could be calculated, in order to speed up the process significantly. Learned and used tools like numpy, CV2, Wand, and more. It also involved querying data from a MySQL database and integrating everything with web-based APIs.