Driven 33 year old from Portugal with over 12 years of professional experience. Passionate for the job, love putting skills to the test, facing challenges in a creative and perfectionist way. Experienced with every step of developing and delivering cross-platform, modern and responsive software, providing end-users the best experience I can.
Worked with several different technologies across the stack, always willing to learn more and improve skills. I excel at taking a focused, creative, out-of-the-box approach to challenges, leveraging my adaptability, hard-working nature, and quick-learning abilities to deliver striking results.
Full Stack Developer (Senior)
04/2022 - Current
- Contributed to Unleash, an open-source feature flag management solution with over 18M docker pulls, 7K stars on GitHub and a worldwide user base consisting of every kind of end-user, from individual developers to large enterprise companies.
- Integrated with Stripe for billing, involving multiple projects and third party integrations, enabling end-users to sign up and manage their paid plans through their Unleash instance.
- Developed several key features for the product, including Service Accounts, Login History, Groups, Personal Access Tokens (PATs), Environment Cloning, Tag Filtering, Network Visualization, and Search Filtering.
- Contributed to Unleash Edge, a highly-performant successor to Unleash Proxy written in Rust that allows for a more flexible, performant, resilient and scalable architecture.
- Created, developed and maintained multiple SDKs for the product, including Vue.js, Svelte, Solid, and React Native.
- Contributed with ideas and suggestions to the product roadmap, helping to shape the future of the product.
- Collaborated closely with the UI/UX team to identify and implement numerous improvements and fixes that significantly enhanced the end-user experience.
- Contributed to documentation, including the official docs and READMEs.
- Refactored and improved the codebase, improving maintainability and overall DX.
- Trained as Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) and performed on-call shifts to ensure platform availability and end-user satisfaction.
- Consistently provided valuable feedback and code reviews to fellow developers, improving code quality and maintaining high standards for the codebase.
- Shared knowledge and learned with teammates through pair and mob programming.
Full Stack Developer (Specialist)
06/2021 - 03/2022
- Assigned to Digital Innovations, worked close to partners as a developer in exploratory projects using innovative cloud solutions.
- Developed a chatbot based on Google Cloud/Firebase, UI built with Quasar Framework (Vue.js) and a Google Cloud Function that acted as a bridge between the UI, Dialogflow CX (conversation flow, NLP), Contentful;
- Contributed to a React Native app project by developing features and fixes for the app, used by hundreds of thousands of end-users.
- Developed a mock package used internally for testing and debugging purposes, using Node.js, Express, Apollo GraphQL, MQTT.
- Followed best-practices and guidelines, including writing Unit and E2E tests.
- Worked on a dynamic multicultural team that follows an Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Shared knowledge and learned with teammates through pair programming.
IQA - Sistemas de Gestão, Lda
Full Stack Developer (Lead, Architect)
03/2011 - 05/2021
- Developed AGIR ®, a Quality Management Software (QMS), Process Management (BPM) and Document control software. Worked on the platform since 2011: From ASP.NET, SQL Server, Web API, .NET WinForms or Java to Windows Services and Office Add-Ins, (...).
- Worked close to the project manager and customers to ensure that every product meets requirements in a versatile, modern and performant way.
- Helped customers on every step - Configuration, deployment, troubleshooting, etc.
- Developed and provided APIs, tools and other custom mechanisms in order to adapt and integrate with existing solutions, databases and products.
- One of those tools/integrations included creating an extremely optimised data matrix code scanner from TIFF files in Python, using tools like numpy, CV2, Wand, and more.
- Developed a solid foundation for the company's next project, Wisibi, using Quasar Framework (Vue.js) and .NET Core Web API, following all the best practices.
- Managed the team's Trello, GitHub, Jenkins and other services.
- Shared knowledge with teammates through training.